What we do
- Join us for Battle of the BulgeTM 2002, the eleventh round of JALMC's annual workplace exercise and weight loss competition scheduled to start in January of 2002
- HR Computing - JALMC's Comprehensive Catalog of Affordable Software for Human Resource Management.
- Dislocated workers - As employers continue to downsize in response to technology changes and growing competition we are helping workers in our area to update skills and conduct an effective job search.
- Early Intervention - JALMC pioneered this technique to lessen the impact of business shut downs on employees.
- Joint Labor-Management Committees - JALMC has pioneered the use of the joint labor-management committee to lessen the impact of shut downs or lay-offs in a unionized workplace.
- Health care coalitions - For more than ten years we have been working with our local employers, unions and health care providers to develop fair and effective ways to manage health care costs.
- Labor-management cooperation - For over twenty-five years, JALMC has been in the forefront of building labor management cooperation in the private and public sectors.
- NLMA The National Labor Management Association (NLMA) promotes labor-management cooperation nation-wide through training, publications and networking.
- Newsletters - We publish nationally circulated newsletters for people involved in human resources, safety, the labor movement and diversity in the workplace.
- HR Fact Finder brings its readers capsulizations of the most timely human resource information from over one hundred publications.
- Labor News Digest keeps people in the labor movement informed.
- Managing Diversity brings its readers ideas and practical suggestions from the nation's top diversity experts on on how to manage the emerging diverse workforce.
- Peer mediation - Using our background in labor-management cooperation, JALMC staff is training area students to resolve conflicts peacefully and constructively.
- Learn more about how JALMC is helping Chautauqua county, N.Y schools reduce student conflict.
- Links to peer mediation resources in the Internet.
- Worksite wellness - We are helping employers to build and enhance their own wellness programs, operating community wide exercise contests and working with other agencies to help build healthier lives in our community.
Where we are - Chautauqua County in western New York state - a great place to live, work and visit
Who we are - The Jamestown area Labor-Management Committee is a private not-for-profit corporation helping our community meet the challenges of today's workplace.
HR Computing product list
Search the JALMC website
How to contact us - Staff directory, address, phone, FAX and e-mail